Get to know the ins and outs of the 2013 Lorenzo Constantini Frascati Superiore Borgo del Cedro in less time than it takes to say “2013 Lorenzo Constantini Frascati Superiore Borgo del Cedro.” Keep on scrollin’ for tasting notes, pertinent details, music pairings and the perfect recipes to prepare alongside this Italian gem.
The Nitty Gritty
Home: Lazio, Italy
Occasion: Impulse buying a Vespa
Best Paired with: Cheesy Seafood + Grits Casserole
Rock out to: Dean Martin- On An Evening in Roma
The Tasting Notes
When in Rome, you drink Frascati, the go-to bianco for the masses. Far from limiting its status, that’s what makes it so good. This fresh and super well-crafted take on a classic is more than an in-the-moment tourist taste. Savor the melon, ripe citrus, and orange blossom while stateside. Appreciate the slight nutty edge that makes this a world-class retro selection for anywhere and anytime.
Nose: Almonds hiding in pears and melons
Palate: A lean (but not mean) thirst quenching machine
The Perfect Pairing
Cheesy Seafood & Grits Casserole, courtesy of Food.com
4 cups chicken broth
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 cup regular grits
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided (4 ounces)
1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (4 ounces)
2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
6 green onions, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 lb fresh small shrimp, peeled and cooked
1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring 4 cups chicken broth and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil in a large saucepan; stir in grits.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir together grits, 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add green onions, bell pepper, and garlic, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir together green onion mixture, grits mixture, shrimp, and next 3 ingredients.
- Pour into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle top with remaining 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 45 minutes.