Couldn’t make it to the Big Easy for Mardi Gras this year? Well you’re in luck. We’ve got some hunch punch that’ll get the beads flyin’. Let the good times roll with these easy to make crowd-pleasers, and the best part, you won’t have some creepy bandana-wearing schmuck screaming for you to take your shirt off…well, unless your roommate is home, but she means well.
1. Classic Red Wine Crunk Punch
- 1 Bottle 2011 O. Fournier “Urban” Carignan (or any other WA red wine)
- 6 oz. Brandy
- 6 oz. Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- 2 Lemons, Juiced
Combine ingredients in a large bowl, garnish with orange slices, and serve over ice.
2. The Party Starter (Aka Chatham Artillery Punch)
- 1 Bottle Cognac (750ml)
- 1 Bottle Bourbon (750ml)
- 1 Bottle Jamaican Rum (750ml)
- 3 750ml Bottles of Champagne or Sparkling Wine (for a fruity twist use Conde de Subirats Cava Rosé)
- 2 Cups Light, Raw Sugar
- 12 Lemons
Peel the lemons, making sure to remove only the yellow peel and not the white pith. Then place peels in a large bowl, add sugar and muddle, then set aside for at least ½ hour. Next, juice lemons and combine with peel mixture, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Strain mixture and refrigerate. Lastly, combine all liquor, wine, and ice into a giant ass container and turn that music up!
3. Monkey Madness Jungle Juice
- 1 ½ Cups of Coconut Milk
- 2 Bottles of 2010 X Winery Winemaker’s White Blend (or any other WA white wine)
- 1 Cup Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- 4 Cups Pineapple Juice, Chilled
- 1 Orange, Sliced Thin
Mix that junk up like in a bowl and get primal!
4. The Fruit Slap (Aka Tropical Baby Maker)
- 2 Cups Pineapple Juice
- 2 Cups Orange Juice, Pulp Free
- 2 Cups Cranberry Juice
- 2 Cups Guava Nectar
- 1 Cup Apple Juice
- 1 Bottle 2012 La Closerie des Lys “Les Fruitères” (or any other WA white wine)
Combine ingredients in large punch bowl, garnish with fruit of your choice, and get your red drank on!*
*For a little extra kick, throw in a bottle of dark rum.
5. Red Rocket Fuel
- 9 ¾ Cups Cranberry Juice
- 2 Bottles 2007 Spellwine Sangiovese (or any other WA red wine)
- 3 Cups Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 ½ Cups Whole Fresh Cranberries
Combine ingredients in a large bowl and serve.