Tabbouleh is a Middle Eastern grain salad, typically made with fresh herbs, like parsley, tomatoes, cucumbers, lemon, and olive oil.
Wine Pairing: 2012 Willow Crest Pinot Gris
Cooking Tip: To use tahini paste as a salad dressing or sauce, add warm water to thin out its creamy texture. Squeeze in lemon for some extra tanginess. Be sure to read through the entire recipe before you begin cooking. Trust us–you’ll be glad you did! Visit thedish.plated.com for cooking videos and tips!
- ½ bunch scallions
- ½ bunch asparagus
- ½ pint cremini mushrooms
- 1 shallot
- ½ pint grape tomatoes
- ½ English cucumber
- ¼ bunch parsley
- 1 lemon
- ⅔ cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons water, divided
- kosher salt
- black pepper
1. Prepare Ingredients – Preheat oven to 425°F. Rinse scallions, trim and discard roots, and cut into ½-inch pieces. Rinse asparagus and trim and discard woody ends. Cut spears into ½-inch pieces. Wipe mushrooms clean with a damp paper towel and quarter. Peel shallot and mince. Rinse tomatoes and halve. Rinse cucumber and cut into ¼-inch dice. Rinse parsley and roughly chop leaves, discarding stems. Halve lemon.
2. Roast Vegetables – Toss scallions, asparagus, and mushrooms with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper on a baking sheet. Arrange in a single layer and roast until just tender, about 12 minutes.
3. Prepare Quinoa – Meanwhile, place quinoa, 1 cup water, and a pinch of salt in a medium pot over high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until water has evaporated and quinoa is tender, about 10 minutes. Remove pot from heat and set aside.
4. Prepare Tahini – In a small bowl, whisk together tahini paste, 2 tablespoons warm water, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
5. Toss Tabbouleh – In a large bowl, combine quinoa, shallot, tomatoes, cucumber, and parsley. Squeeze over juice of 1 lemon and drizzle over 1 tablespoon olive oil. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
6. Plate Tabbouleh – Divide tabbouleh between 2 plates. Divide roasted vegetables over top of tabbouleh. Drizzle with tahini and serve.
Recipe provided by Plated.com – For more information or recipes like this delivered to your door visit www.Plated.com