Is your Tuesday lazy? Does it just sit around the house all afternoon watching E! and eating corn chips and cottage cheese? Then it’s time to give your Tuesdays a Tequila makeover, and we’ve got just the recipes to get you started: Wine Margaritas!
1. THE RAMBLING SOMBRERO (Serves 4)
- 1 cup blanco (white) tequila
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1-1/2 cups La Rambla Cava
- Lime peel strips or very thin lime slices
In a cocktail shaker, combine half of the tequila, lime juice, and agave nectar with plenty of ice. Shake for 5 seconds and strain the mixture into three glasses. Repeat with remaining tequila, juice and agave nectar. Top each serving with La Rambla Cava; add a lime peel strip and additional lime juice to taste.
2. LA MARGARITA (Serves 2)
- 1/2 cup 2011 La Chardonnay
- 1 cup white tequila
- 6oz frozen limeade concentrate
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 cups ice
- Lime wedge and orange slices
Blend La Chard, tequila, limeade and orange juice until well combined. Slowly add in ice and blend to a slushy consistency. Rub margarita glass with lime and dust with salt. Fill each glass and garnish with orange and lime slices.
3. EL LOCO WINO (Serves 6)
- 12 oz. silver tequila
- 6 cups crushed ice 2 oz. frozen limeade
- 4 1⁄2 oz. Cointreau
- 3 oz. fresh lime juice
- 4 oz. 2010 La Pinot
- 2 oz. orange juice
- 2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 2 oz. simple syrup
Combine tequila, ice, limeade, Cointreau, and lime juice in a blender. Purée until slushy. In a separate container, stir together La Pinot, orange juice, lime juice, and simple syrup. Add 1 1⁄2 oz. of this sangria mixture to a margarita glass; swirl in frozen margarita.
4. THE PINTREST SPECIAL (Serves 2)
- 16 large fresh blackberries, divided
- 4 small fresh thyme sprigs, divided
- 6 tablespoons 100% blue agave silver tequila
- 1/4 cup Simple Syrup
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Cointreau or other orange liqueur
- 2 cups ice cubes, divided
- 1/4 cup chilled La Rambla Cava
Place 14 blackberries and 2 thyme sprigs in medium bowl. Press firmly on solids with muddler or back of wooden spoon until mashed. Mix in tequila, simple syrup, lime juice, and Cointreau, then 1 cup ice. Stir to blend well. Strain into large glass measuring cup. Mix in La Rambla Cava. Divide remaining ice between 2 tall glasses. Pour Margarita mixture over. Garnish each with 1 blackberry and 1 thyme sprig.
5. WATTS A MARGARITA? (Serves 1)
- 4 ounces WattsUp Rosé
- 1 ounce white tequila
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- 1 lime wedge
- Simple syrup, as needed
Run the lime wedge along the rim of the glass, then dip rim in salt. Fill glass with ice. Squeeze lime into glass, then add WattsUp Rosé, tequila and triple sec. Stir.
Add simple syrup, if desired.